Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm turning into a freak

Oh yes I am. But this change would suit many people just fine. Especially Mrs Ong in Taiping. For years she's tried every trick in the book to try and convert me into what I am today, but failed miserably. She tried cajoling, she tried persuading, she probably tried bribing with treats (but that was scarce), and as usual she resorted to her handyman - Mr. Rotan. None worked except the last option, but I didn't give in willingly - heck, it wasn't my nature to be clean and tidy!

And now ladies and gentlemen, let me reveal one of the greatest wonders in the entire freaking universe - the conversion of SOWY the Selamba to SOWY the Neat Freak. Here is what I do on a daily basis as SOWY the Maniac as opposed to SOWY the Laid-back previously:

- Arrange the rug on the floor every time I walk past the bathroom because my housemate crumpled it with his feet. I smooth out the rug and arrange it nicely in its original horizontal position. ( as opposed to me not giving a damn whether there was a rug in the 1st place)
- Splash loads of water on the bathroom floor because I can no longer tolerate a single strand of hair on the floor. (as opposed to me contributing more hair in the past)
- Wash every utensil and DRY them before putting them on the rack ( as opposed to me trying to ignore the pile of dirty dishes as long as I can before washing them before I go to bed)
- Wash my garments by hand every single day...except my jammies and bedspreads ( as opposed to piling them until I ran out of clothes and had no choice but to dump them in the washing machine)
- Hang up all my clothes neatly and even fold my undergarments into little triangles...(as opposed to me chucking them into the wardrobe all together)
- Sweep and mop not only my room, but the hall and the kitchen...on a weekly basis ( as opposed to turning a blind eye to the goo all over the place)
- Throw my rubbish every single day instead of waiting for the plastic bag to be filled to the brim ( to be fair I never want to throw a big plastic bag filled with a little rubbish because I find that to be unfriendly to the environment, so what I do now is take the little plastic bags to throw wet food, and leave the big ones for dry rubbish that won't turn bad)


Everyone who knows me well should be well aware that I am not ashamed of who I am. I am messy, I'll be the first to admit that. My books and notes will be strewn all over the place during finals, and I miraculously find my way through all the stuff even in the dark. But now, I am a changed person. If this keeps on for more than 2 months, I have officially given in to the Dark Side. Don't cry for me, people. I'm not proud of the transformation myself, but there is nothing I can do but embrace the inevitable. *Sobs*