Sunday, July 27, 2008

anonymous

Why do people have a blog? is it to record the daily bits of their lives and share it with people around them? Is it a way of updating your friends about how you're faring without actually communicating with them? as in - is it a friendster sort of thing, just with lots and lots of words?

very few people know about this blog of mine. Not more than 5, i reckon. I did not pass the word around, nor did i link it to anyone I know except 1 friend. No special reason, it just felt weird because I didn't think anyone would be interested in my life anyway. So I guess it's a pretty private blog. Sometimes I dont even know why it's here anyway. Sometimes I have the urge to make it a little more public ( especially when I'm dissing someone and wish that person would read it..keke). But then I hold back, because I'm afraid of baring my soul to too many people. Anonymity is like a cocoon that wraps itself comfortingly around you, because you can be anyone you like and no one would even know.

Mum says that I lose out on a lot of life's experiences just because I am always too wary, too worried, too cautious. Afraid of doing things another way, afraid of walking down the road not taken before. It's true though. They say people fear change, because they are afraid of what they do not understand. That's why we are scared of UFOs, ghosts, orang minyak (ahem)...because we don't comprehend what they are or whether they exist.

Perhaps now, it's time to take a small step. throw all caution to the wind, take a deep breath, and plunge into the unknown.