Sunday, September 7, 2008

FFK - almost

I had been craving for pasta since last Thursday, and Alex invited me to go to Italiannies on Saturday. So okay, alright, I menahan nafsu and waited impatiently for Saturday. Family members and friends who know me well will be familiar with my cravings - once i crave for something to eat, my mind will be filled with it, every minute of every day, and I cannot focus my concentration on any work until I am satiated.

So Saturday arrived and I waited for him to confirm the time. No calls, no messages. Nvm, I called. His phone was switched off. Oh no, this can't be good. This could only mean 1 thing - the fella must have drunk himself silly the night before with his colleagues and was now KO-ed. OMG. What time would he awake then? Ladies and gentlemen, a record-breaking 4.30pm.

Then he had the nerve to tell me he didn't feel like going today. My pasta.......dashed hopes. But I was still civilized despite my disappointment and told him it was alright. But when I woke up from my nap an hour later, the cravings began again and simultaneously I began to feel pissed off. So I ranted to ZH and he told me to demand a free meal from Alex. Haha, apparently Alex once overslept and made ZH and CK wait for 2 hours. They demanded he foot the bill and he did.

Well I didn't do that because usually Alex is nice enough to pay anyway. So I dialed the number and the first thing I said was : " Alex, I am mad at you." And he replied :"Why?What did I do?"...how guys can be so dense at times eludes me I tell you. Must be the alcohol.

So I described how disappointed I was that I had to eat Maggie noodles that day instead of the pasta I craved, and how irresponsible it is to FFK without even so much as a call or sms the night before mentioning the possibility of a cancellation. I didn't eat till 3pm because I thought he might wake up before that and I'd still have pasta, albeit a little later. Well anyway, good for Mr A, he did make an effort to get up and keep his promise, and he was very nice as to come all the way to Cyber to pick me up (usually I take the bus) to atone for his insensitivity. Which was good news to ZH too, because then Alex agreed to meet him and Eric and CK and Audrey for drinks.

So yes, we went to Italiannies, and that's for another post because I am just too damn tired.