Thursday, August 28, 2008

Makan makan

Oh so on Tuesday a bunch of us went to Syabu syabu. I'm no big fan of steamboats; in fact I find them rather bland unless the soup is spicy. But since a lot of people were raving about it and I found it quite affordable at RM26.50 ( compared to the whopping RM62 I once paid for the buffet in Neway - damn they con you by giving you a RM22 fruit platter and 2 RM9 bowls of cheap tidbits that you don't need), so I just tagged along.

We were starving, and I was glad to see that there weren't too many people. Queing up for ages sucks when you want to swallow a cow. So up we went, and the feast begun! I must say, steamboat without spicy soup will always end up being too bland for me, so I plunged every morsel into the soy sauce and chili paste provided. The concept is rather unique in that it follows the Japanese style of having the food passed along the conveyor belt, which is good because it saves you the trouble of having to get up every now and then to refill your plates. But I must say I found it so-so, and I probably din eat my worth of RM26.50. But CS did. We noticed that for every 1 plate I ate, she already had 7 stacked up. She probably ate our share of worth already, so no rugi la.

A group of people after work were celebrating something opposite us, but I didn't know what because they were pretty noisy taking group pictures and posing here and there. But oh well, having colleagues within your age range is fun that way. You can drop the adult act.

Here's a pic of some plates in front of us - our last 2 or 3 i think. The staff clean up pretty fast after you stack a sizable number of plates up. I think you can see pretty clearly the 2 ladies opposite us. For some reason the pics we took of ourselves made us look like dumpling faces, so I shall save us all the embarrassment and not put those pictures up.And yes, I'm messy that way.