Friday, September 14, 2007

Will I succeed this time?

I'll be going to campus at 3.30pm later on. No, I dont have classes. I'm going there for 1 purpose, and 1 purpose only - to donate blood! The thing is, will I succeed this time? This is my 3rd pathetic attempt; i was turned away twice ( DAMMIT!).

The first time was when I had just turned 18 ( ahh...when i was still fresh and young). I was quite proud that I could finally do something without requiring my parents' signature to show their permission. And whats more, i was 45kg back then ( ya, back then, not now..) so I knew I had fulfilled the minimum weight requirement. So off I went, feeling rather thrilled. I painstakingly filled in form after form ( You know, the ones that ask you whether you have any disease or whether you've had sex is the past few days)and I went to the weighing machine. The thing is, the weighing machine wasnt accurate, because it showed me weighing 43 kg. The needle/ indicator( or whatever it's called) wasnt pointing at 0 in the first place; it was hovering somewhere between -2 to -3. So you see, i WAS 45 kg, just that the machine was faulty. I pointed it out to the nurse, but she shook her head and said.." lain kali-lah..". DARN!!

NEVER MIND. NEVER MIND. I tried again last year. This time I knew that even if the machine was faulty again, I would DEFINITELY fulfill the minimum 45kg mark. So I went again, and filled in form after form after form...diseases, sexual intercourse...blah blah blah...and this time, I stepped on the machine, and I passed ( Come to think about it, I really shouldnt be happy about that right?)..Anyways, I got my finger pricked and off i went to get my blood pressure monitored. Hmm...they attached the Omron machine to my arm, and there wasnt much of a reading. 2nd time, tried again. Still not good. So the doctor took out her stethoscope, and pressed it to my vein. Twice she did that. " Adik, tekanan darah you rendah sangat, tak boleh lah..." ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dammit this time I'll make it. Stay tuned.

See the determination sparkling...