Thursday, October 11, 2007

*#%$@*%#

I want to spew a torrent of foul words from my mouth, as foul and ugly and busuk as can be. But then, NO AMOUNT OF FOUL WORDS CAN EXPRESS THE ANGER THAT I FEEL. None at all. Nada. Zilch.

Thanks to some brainless airhead, I have no holidays left. And why is that, you may ask? Oh, it's "nothing" really...some girl over at Malacca went over to her lecturer and complained that we here at Cyberjaya had an unfair advantage over them in our Taxation 2 paper because the questions set by our lecturer were similar to our tutorials and revision questions, so now instead of holiday-ing, we have to resit for the whole damn paper on the 23rd of October. That's the midst of our short 3 week break, so what does that mean? I either have to sacrifice going home, or I have to go home for 6 days, lugging my taxation textbook and notes with me, study AGAIN and then come back to Cyberjaya for the exam. And this is TAXATION, you know. Not exactly a breeze. It's not English or Law or Knowledge Economy. Of all papers, it had to be the heaviest paper, and the only paper that we December Intake students chose to take as an additional subject. If we hadn't made that decision early this semester, we wouldn't have to go through the whole ordeal again. It's horrible.

This is the first time this is happening to me, and I guess, for many others as well. To resit a final paper when there is no issue of question leakage, just because some bozo didn't revise those questions and felt that they had a disadvantage, all thanks to her, the whole Delta Accounting class + some Gamma students ( that's where I fit in) have to pay the consequences, when at the end of the day, no matter how you look at it, none of this is our fault. We stressed it through the night before, and many days before that, we studied our notes and books from cover to cover, and just when we were so relieved that it was finally over - some *&%#$@ has to go and do this.

Oh sure, you may think: since you guys have studied before, what's the biggie? the biggie, my dear, is that in this particular case, the results don't matter as much as the process. You know the saying that the results don't matter, but the journey or the process is what counts? Yeah well, not in this case at all. We were willing to negotiate and compromise - in fact, we agreed to allow them to raise the standard bar for us Cyberians and lower the bar for them - put 85 or even 90 as A - we don't mind! We just don't want to go through the whole nightmare again!

But sigh, the final verdict was one which pisses everyone off. Sure, some people will be pleased if they didn't do that well in their finals before this. But on the whole, I'm pretty sure everyone is feeling murderous right now. We're just a step away from picketing, burning effigies and fasting in protest. I can just open my YM and my MSN messenger and read the statuses of the people there. You'll find the words "stupid", "idiot", "kill", "fuck" and many more. All of which still does not express my feelings adequately.
The anger will subside, and be replaced by frustration, and reluctance, and finally misery. Whee. I hope you're happy, whoever you are.